STOREFRONTS 2015 CALL FOR ARTISTS
Storefronts provides temporary no-cost storefront space in greater Seattle for installation of 2-D or 3-D artwork in a locked storefront or display vitrine for a period of up to four months. The display vitrines remain locked and are viewable through the windows for the duration of the installation.
Stipend: $500, with no allocation for travel or materials expenses
Eligibility: Washington State residents over 18 years of age creating original works
Deadline: February 21, 2015
- Works shall be existing or new works created for temporary installation.
- All visual media are accepted.
- Content must be G-Rated and suitable for the general public
- Flexible, dynamic installations that utilize display windows to their fullest potential and engage with the general public both day and night are preferred.
- All materials and consumables required for installations are the responsibility of the artist. This includes hanging hardware, temporary walls, tools, ladders, and any other materials that are required to safely and completely install the artwork.
- Artists are responsible for producing and maintaining high-quality work for the duration of the installation, and will be asked to provide repair on request.
- One application per artist or arts group
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the scarce availability of retail space, Shunpike is not currently accepting Creative Enterprise proposals (e.g. pop-up ‘shops’ and studios that are open to the public).
SEE OUR OPPORTUNITIES PAGE FORE MORE DETAILS.